A bit

To the summit house Gerlitzen in chronological order

The Gipfelhaus was founded by Franz Gailer vlg. Stifter-Sauerwald in 1930, as the first snack station at the summit of the Gerlitzen, two years after the Kanzelbahn was put into operation. The construction was carried out under the most difficult conditions, as everything had to be worked on by hand on the spot and the material was transported by ox cart and backpack.

In 1934 an alpine inn was built in place of the snack station.

In 1938 there was another reconstruction, using only wood as a building material.

In the years 1944 – 1945 the summit house was confiscated by the German Wehrmacht.

In 1955, the son Alois Gailer took over the company and expanded and modernized it once again. Thus, in 1957, the water pipeline was completed, and the excavation work was again done by hand.

1965 Extension of the road to the summit.

In 1966, a further expansion took place. (dining room)

In 1980, under Alois Gailer and his daughter Heidelinde Martinz, the last major reconstruction was carried out for the time being, whereby the old part was completely demolished and the summit house was built in its present form.

In 1992, the conversion to self-service took place, and the reconstruction of the terrace in its current form.

In 1998, the Gipfelhaus was handed over to the successor, Thomas Martinz, who continued to steadily expand and modernize it. Under his leadership the comfort rooms were built, the roof in the west wing was raised and rooms and toilet facilities were added. The solar system and the open fireplace were also built in this course.

In 2012, the east terrace was roofed over and converted into a winter garden, and the old wooden windows were replaced with heat-insulating windows.

In 2013, the counter and the self-service area were newly adapted and designed.